Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Space Marines: A weekend on the brush!

Seems this little outlet has inspired me already.

I lied on my last post. This isn't an Eldar update. Here's why.

I had about 1500pts of Space Marines (Home Brew Chapter - name undecided) sort of painted up. 

As mentioned on my first post, I start gaming projects but never seem to finish them, so rather than get my Eldar up to the same level of unfinished-ness as my Marines, I thought I’d finish the Marines!

They were undercoated black, had an over brush of Lead Belcher, a Nuln Oil wash, a dry brush of Belcher then a light dry brush of (can’t remember). And this is where I’d left them. All sort of started but not nearly finished.

SO this past weekend, I painted the guns black and dry brushed them lightly with Charadon Granite. I painted the Terminators power fists and chest eagles with Khorne red then applied a red wash (again, I forget which). The power armour sergeants got red chest eagles/power fists and the Dev Sgt got a red helmet.

They still looked under done, so I painted all the exposed heads with Tallarn Flesh, applied an Ogryn Flesh wash and then a light highlight with Tallarn Flesh. Getting there.

Finally I applied Army Painter Battlefield Brown basing material. Looking much better now. And finally I have started to wash the bases with Agrax Earthshade.

I’m really liking the look now. I still need to do some last details, such as plasma glow, power weapons, lenses – but the monochrome and red looks pretty good IMO, and has a Sin City Vibe. 

Here's a little look:





No comments:

Post a Comment